Sunday, January 22, 2012

Let's eat.

I'm not the most creative cook in the world. In fact, you might call me a rule follower in life. I am hardly creative or savvy enough to create new recipes or invent a new realm of food. My timing is also always off when I cook, no matter how hard I try. However, I like to eat.

A lot.

I'm also addicted to collecting recipes and reading cooking magazines. Some of my favorites include Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living, Cooking Light, Cooks Illustrated, Sunset, and Bon Appetit; which is where most of the recipes will come from.

My attempts at trying to cut back in favor of more exercise and flavorless foods has always failed. Not that there aren't healthy alternatives that are flavorful but I like to cook like a normal person with normal ingredients (for the most part). That being said, I am totally open to cooking non-traditional dishes that might sound weird and crazy.

I put together this blog in an attempt to report on the recipes I find in books, on the interwebs, and in magazines. I will always credit recipes with their websites or books; I just thought it'd be nice if I compiled what I've found so you guys can try them too. The great thing about food it's socializing capabilities and how it can open up conversations of all kinds. Please feel free to send me your fave recipes too and I'll post them after I've tried them myself. There are so many thousands of recipes out there, this is just the sampling I've tried.

In the beginning I'll probably just use stock photos until I start making new recipes and post my own photos.

I also love cooking gadgets and will probably post some of my favorite tools and accessories as I go along.

Let's cook (and eat)!

No comments:

Post a Comment